SEARCH is a leadership program aimed to support Southeast Asian women to be civically engaged and to develop a policy agenda to advocate for issues that benefit the entire Southeast Asian community in Rhode Island.
The SEARCH Program includes a 6-week leadership training and professional development in the following areas:
The SEARCH Program offers trainings and professional development in the following areas:
- Understanding of local, state and federal governments
- Understanding non-profit and faith based organizations
- Fundraising, event planning and campaigns
- Networking opportunities including retreats and socials
- Guest speakers including federal, state and local elected officials and national and local community leaders
- Know Your Government, an event organized by SEARCH participants to engage the community in the civic process. Introduce community members to government officials and policy makers in a community forum setting.
- SEARCH National Leadership Conference, an event organized by SEARCH members to engage the larger community with SEA leaders in the country. Last year, SEARCH organized over 15 national and local panelists for the conference held at Providence College. Participants were offered CEUs and Professional Development credits.